Friday, November 13, 2009

How can i start an online social networking? I have an idea for one, but don't know who to contact?

I know the audience i want to target..


The programming that it needs.


(css,mysql...etc)


But I don't know where to start.





I build other social networking from websites like ning before,


And I had a great amount of members and great traffic.


I want to take this social networking to the new level.


I just need a few help.

How can i start an online social networking? I have an idea for one, but don't know who to contact?
Yeah,





Your on the right track. I have a social networking community, directed towards fun and family.





You do need the MySql Database and php pages to make it interactive.





So I guess now the question your asking is where can you find the software to get your foot off the ground and started in the right direction.





First have a look at my community, look at the options that it gives you, http://www.bettermember.net





The softeware I use is simple machines or SMF. It's pretty cool and comes with a very easy to use back office. I'll post the link for you in the sources section here.





I hope this was helpful,


Jim
Reply:Hello.





Well basically, you don't really have to contact somebody, but personally, I suggest you to do.





So to start up the netoworking, you will need to cade they system. It is not really hard, personally I could make one, just lazy to do so :p





You will need to use the following languages:





html


css


php


sql


javascript


xml (quite optional)


ajax (optional but useful. it is basically javascript + xml)





With these languages you will basically design it and put the whole system to work. However, there are already some huge networks out ther such as MySpace, hi5, bebo etc.. Now to make your network to stand out there, you need to promote it. Start by contacting all of your friends to sign up, then they will tell their friends and so on. Pay some money to put your net on Google AdSense.





Also, sometihng that you might have a problem with is webspace. See, in social netoworks, people can upload their images, videos and music. And using a normal webhost (even at their best plan) won't provide you with unlimited webspace. For that, I suggest you to contact a few local companies and tell them about your social netowork then offer them to advertise them in exchange for money. Now with that money, buy a delicated server. Just one would be ok for staerting up, but if you go big, you will of course have to buy a new one and so on.





So anyway, hope I helped. For any questions then email me.





See ya around ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment